- To Uninstall and app in Windows Vista, Click on the Start button to open your Start Menu.
- When the Start Menu opens click on the Control Panel menu option.
- When the Control Panel window opens click on the Uninstall a program option under the Programs category.
- This option is shown by the arrow in the image below. If you are using the Classic View of the Control Panel, then you would double-click on the Programs and Features icon instead.
You will now be at the Programs and Features or Uninstall or change a program, screen as shown below. From this screen, you can uninstall the conflicting application.
- Left-click on it once so that it becomes highlighted. Once you highlight the application you will see two new options next to the Organize and View button called Uninstall and Change. Click on Uninstall.
- Once you click on the uninstall button you will be presented with a confirmation asking if you would like to continue. For some programs when choose to uninstall it, Windows may prompt you with a message stating Windows needs your permission to continue.
- At this screen, you should click on the Continue button.
- The program will now continue to uninstall, and when completed you will be back at the list of programs installed on your computer.
- Restart windows.